Read God's Word

YouVersion

Thursday, June 09, 2005

"Putting on the Whole Armour of God"

Lord, I put on the HELMET OF SALVATION, to protect and keep my mind from evil thoughts. Help me to keep my mind stay on You throughout the day, with pure thoughts. Help me to be honest and true, and not resort to deception or lying for fear of losing a friend. But let me place total trust in You, my Real Friend, letting my yes be yes, and my no be no without vengeance. Let the words I speak be said with love, and edifying to those I meet today, and may the Holy Spirit use those words to speak to their needs. Bring back to my remembrance Your own Words that they may feed my spirit, cleanse my soul, and restore my body, giving me the Bread of Life that You have promised me, Your child.

I put on the BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, reminding myself that I am no longer condemned because I am not Christ Jesus, walking after the spirit and not after the flesh. I am redeemed, holy, sanctified, justified, free, blameless, and a joint-heir in your kingdom. I am a child of light and not of darkness, no longer tossed to and fro., Therefore, I do no allow the ugly opinion and opinions and prejudices of others to overrule what You say about me, and who I am. You are the Greater One living in me, rather than the one who is in the world. So I place my fear in You who made me rather than those who can destroy only my body, but not my soul. I will think of myself as victorious in all situations, because you have given me the victory through Christ Jesus, and have sent an angel to protect me from the one who wants to steal my joy. I will continue to praise You, believing that all things are indeed working together for good on my behalf, for I know that I am called according to Your purpose, and I love You and put You first in my life.

I GIRT MY LOINS WITH TRUTH, knowing Lord, that You are the Way, the Truth and the Life. You are my Refuge and my Strength, the Very Present Help in the midst of trouble. Help me to place all trust in You, and resist the temptation to doubt. Your Words are true, and not based on my belief or unbelief. I ask for Your knowledge and Your wisdom throughout this day, so that my own mind will be in agreement with Yours, and my words will be the same as Your Words. And I know I will reap some of the benefits You have in store for me. I ask for the discernment to be able to separate Your Truth from the lie of Satan, so that I do not allow him to gain the advantage over me. Help me to recognize him today, no matter how he comes disguised. Help me to resist giving in to my own lust of the flesh, and keep control over what I say and do. I ask Your forgiveness for all of my sins, cleanse me from all unrighteousness, and I give thanks for my salvation and the new name You have given me that is written down in the Book of Life.

I put on the SHOES WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE, seeking peace at all times. Help me to avoid strife, and not get caught up in foolish conversations, backbiting, and the cares of this world. Help me to be quick to listen, slow to anger, quick to forgive, and slow to speak. Help me to admonish with love, putting myself in the other person's place, remembering that I myself had gone through the pain and the effects of sin, and it was You who came and got me out of that bondage. And now You are asking me to be merciful and compassionate toward others, the same as You were to me. Help me to be patient and kind to those who do not understand spiritual things, and not get upset if my Christian brothers and sisters do not understand my own spiritual walk. I will stand firm on Your Word, and not my feelings, believing that You do love me, will comfort me, and will answer me when I call on Your Name, even though our answer may not come in the way I expect. I accept Your Will for my life for I know You know what is best for me, and I do thank You for it.

I take the SHIELD OF FAITH to quench all the fiery darts aimed at me by the wicked one and all of his workers of iniquity. I resent all evil that comes at me to try to discourage me from doing all that You have commanded me to do. I will not dwell on the things that I see my natural eye, and settle for anything less than the spiritual abundant life that You have promised me. I will continue to search for the spiritual and eternal riches of the glory of my inheritance, believing that You are supplying all of my needs, and I do not have to worry about tomorrow. I will remind myself that You did not give me a spirit of fear, so I will sharpen my awareness of any feelings of fear, and use that as a signal to turn to You for help, believing that You will come to my rescue. I will remind myself that Jesus is the Author and Finisher of y faith, therefore, I will treat all problems as an opportunity to put my faith to work, and learn more about You.

I will use the SWORD OF THE SPIRIT as my spiritual weapon to bind up Satan "In the Name of Jesus", for You said in Your Word that "whatsoever I bind on earth it shall be bound in Heaven," and I will believe and use this power You have given me to remain in control and not give in to the fear of death. I am Your child now and I do not have to obey his voice. I am in this world, but I do not have to be a part of it, caught up in the pride of life. You have clarified for me that even though trouble exists in this world, I am not distressed; I ma be puzzled and perplexed, but I am not in despair; I may be persecuted by many, but You have not forsakened me; and at times I may be cast down, but I am not destroyed, because I have everlasting life. Therefore, I stand on Your Word using the words You have given me, by shaking the dust off of my6 feet against all evil and opposition, and overcoming evil with good. I stand firm believingthat Your Words are spirit and they are life for me, and have a keeping power that no man can destroy.

I give you praise, for You are my God,… the Rock of my Salvation,… and the Keep of my Soul.
Thanks be to God!!!

This prayer was prayerfully submitted,Elaine V. Ebo, Evangelist

Thank you my dear sister in Christ Evangelist Ebo for such a beautiful prayer sermonette.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm just, a nobody, trying to tell everybody, about Somebody who can save anybody. First I want to give love to the Father for giving me the opportunity to be an instrument for him to live in and live through for the glory that belongs to only him and Him alone. I served in the United States Navy for twenty one years and retired September 2003. During the last 3 years of my naval career, I served as co-pastor of Greater New Refuge COGIC in Fallon, Nevada under the tutelage of Pastor Gregory L. Brown. While there, I diligently served my pastor and church with the construction of a new sanctuary, and caring for the needs of all ministries, while simultaneously striving to stay focused on the mandate that the Lord had placed upon my life to preach the Word of God without compromise. I was licensed to preach November 2002 and Ordained June 2003. While stationed in Virginia Beach, Virginia, I proudly served and as constituent of Pleasant Grove Baptist Church for seventeen years under the leadership of Bishop Elect W. D. Scott, Sr. and presently serve under the leadership of Bishop B. Courtney McBath at Calvary Revival Church in Norfolk, Virginia.

MY THEOLOGICAL TRAINING:

It brings to my face a unadulterated smile each and every occasion I am asked, “Elder Dre, What Theological Training do you have?”

My heart beams with joy at the opportunity to humbly give full glory to God as I reflect on on how the prophets, patriarchs and apostles of old would have respond: Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joshua, Gideon, King David, Elijah, Elisha, Jeremiah, John the Baptist, Matthew, Mark, Peter, James, John and the other disciples, not forgetting the Saviour Himself.

How would they have answered the question: “What theological training do you have?”

The words of the prophet Amos also came to mind: “Then answered Amos, and said to Amaziah, I was no prophet, neither was I a prophet’s son; but I was an herdman, and a gatherer of sycomore fruit:” Amos 7:14

I surely am not impliedly decrying theological preparation, education or training: I consider it essential, but not as much as some think. For the fact is, the Almighty raises up believers according to His own standards.

Educational qualifications, wealth, fame, talent, social standing, outward appearance etc. are useful; but they are secondary in His sight. Qualities like faith, obedience, holiness, humility, honesty, absolute loyalty to one’s spouse, the ability to raise one’s family to fear God and keep His commandments etc.; these are the things the Most High values.

“Man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.”

Only on the Day of Judgment will it be known how truly educated, weighty and effective I have been. That is why I have to smile when the question arise.

The vanity of the question is only matched by the foolishness of my answer.

As the wise man wrote: “Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher; all is vanity.” Ecclesiastes 1: 2 or as the apostle Paul commented in 2 Corinthians 11:16-30 when rattling off a long list of impressive qualifications “... I speak as a fool.”

Furthermore, we have seen with our own eyes and now testify that the Father sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. All who proclaim that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God. 1 John 4:14-15 (NLT)

I am a preacher, but most of all, I proclaim that Jesus is the Savior with various applications of that truth in my everyday life. My dear friend, if you are a Christian, you are a preacher also. Whether you have been ordained or not, hired by a church or not, or ever been recognized as a preacher or not is beside the point. All who have God living in them are called to proclaim the Savior to the world. It is a Holy calling, and a demanding one. It will pull you out of your comfort zone, challenge your commitment, and help to develop you into the person God has created you to be.

John spoke as an eyewitness to Jesus' saving power. We speak as heart-witnesses; ones who have not seen Jesus with our eyes, but have experienced Him through personal transformation. I speak, and you speak, as a representative of Christ on earth. The message that we bring is simple, yet profound; that God the Father sent God the Son into the world to save those who are lost to bring them into relationship with Him. As you tell the story, and I tell the story, some will listen and receive the grace that God has sent us into the world to proclaim.

PRAYER THOUGHT: Father, what a privilege to be a spokesperson for You.

Thank you for stopping by. Stay encouraged and please do come back.